Many wordpress developers want to develop new wordpress plugin for various purpose. They are looking for some ready made wordpress plugin development frameworks.
I found some good plugin frameworks which are helpful for developing the wordpress plugin.
Gives authors of new plugins a leg up on creating a great, easy to
maintain plugin by providing a carefully designed plugin skeleton to build on.
Authors of existing plugins can extract individual components and concepts
for transplantation into their own projects.
- JeffreyWay / WordPress-Theme-Options-Page – open source class the project is hosted on github aimed at theme developers, looks nice, haven’t used it. .
- helgatheviking / thematic-options-KIA – open source Framework the project is
hosted on github aimed at help developers build options into their thematic child themes , witch was forked for Thematic-options very much up to date.
- WordPress AdminPage Class – a commercial solution, packed it features and very easy to use.
- devinsays / Options-Framework – open source Framework the project is hosted on github aimed at theme developers , i later learned that is has evolved in to Thematic-options very large scaled project that has lots of features.
- OptionTree plugin – and IDE for creating option panels , lots of feature and constantly updated, downside is: it’s not easily integrated in plugins or themes and default options are not an option (up to version 1.1.1).
- scbFramework has related classes, I used it for one plugin and it saved me plenty of time;
- WPAlchemy MetaBox I see a lot of mentions for this around, hadn’t used it myself yet;
- Hybrid Core has set of functions for pages/metaboxes/settings, but it probably won’t make sense to use it just for that.